Information About Your New Implant Prosthesis
The following information is important for you to understand to ensure the long term success of your implants and crowns.
We have done our best to provide you with a well-fitted, functional and esthetic implant prosthesis. We feel confident that your adjustment to these artificial teeth will be fast and that you will have many years of satisfaction and use from them. The following information is important for you to understand.
- Your First Few Weeks: For several days, please chew more carefully on these restorations than on natural teeth. We will adjust the bite (occlusion) on future appointments until it is very well balanced. After you have adjusted to the prosthesis, it should function in a very similar manner to natural teeth.
- Cleaning the Implant and Prosthesis: The continued success of the implant and prosthesis is up to you. Please do the following (items checked):
Clean the implant(s) daily especially before bedtime using:
____Floss ____Rubber Tip
____Proxabrushes ____Sulca Brush
____Toothbrush ____End Tufted Toothbrush
____Sonicare Electric Toothbrush
Please ask us about anything that is unclear to you on the subject of cleanliness and homecare.
- The Future: We need to see you at least once every 4 months and Dr. Derhalli once every 12 months for examination and professional maintenance. These appointments are very important to the long-term success of your prosthesis. You should expect many years of use and satisfaction from your prosthesis.
Please contact us if any of the conditions below occur:
- Feeling of looseness
- Peculiar taste
- Clicking or metallic snap while eating
- Breakage of a piece of the prosthesis
- Redness in gum tissue around the implant
- Feeling of the bite being different
We look forward to helping you enjoy your new and improved chewing ability and esthetics.